[contentblock id=1 img=gcb.png]
From a press release
In total, $1.85 million is being allocated to improve Oretha Castle Haley Boulevard from Calliope St. to St. Andrew St. to make it more pedestrian and bike-friendly. Construction is scheduled to be completed in spring 2017.
“Oretha Castle Haley Boulevard is one of our city’s great boulevards with a rich and diverse history that is uniquely New Orleans,” Landrieu says. “Today, this corridor is seeing a resurgence; and our streetscape project will complement the major public and private investments that have already been made here and trigger even more development for Central City and beyond.”
The Oretha Castle Haley Blvd. Streetscape Project includes:
- Partial removal of the neutral ground from Felicity St. to Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
- Installing wider pedestrian refuges at intersections;
- Repairing damaged sidewalks;
- Installing new Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps at intersections;
- Restriping the roadway from two travel lanes and parking lane to one travel lane, bike lane, and parking lane in each direction;
- Striping new high visibility crosswalks and a bike lane;
- Improving rain gardens;
- Planting landscaping and tree cuts; and
- Repaving the asphalt roadway.
[contentblock id=2 img=gcb.png]