The RTA Board of Commissioners has approved a bus and streetcar service plan to go into effect this quarter.
The approved changes reflect the feedback heard from RTA riders via phone, email and in-person during the community meetings and public hearing conducted in July. The changes include:
- Operation of the new Rampart/St. Claude Avenue Streetcar from Elysian Fields to UPT via Rampart St. and Loyola Ave.
- Extended service to Canal Street on the 28-MLK and 15-Freret buses
- Increased service on the Canal and Riverfront Streetcars
- Continuing lines 57-Franklin and 88-St. Claude to Canal St. Line 57-Franklin operating via Claiborne Ave. which will increase service along N. Claiborne Ave between Elysian Fields and St. Bernard Ave.
- Decreasing travel times for riders from farther-out neighborhoods by operating Lines 88-St.Claude and 91-Jackson/Esplanade along Rampart to Canal with fewer stops
- Improving reliability of lines 5-Marigny/Bywater and 55-Elysian Fields with new schedules
- Providing earlier daily trips and later weekend trips on line 80-Desire/Louisa
To learn more about these changes or to obtain the approved timetables and route maps, visit www.norta.com or call RTA’s Customer Care Rideline at 504-248-3900.