Applications for the Frontline Workers COVID-19 Hazard Pay Rebate Program opened today (Wednesday, July 15) 2and will remain open through October 31.
The application can be found at http://frontlineworkers.la.gov/. The program will be limited to the first 200,000 applicants.
Applicants must meet the following guidelines:
- Applicant is a Louisiana resident
- Applicant was employed on or after March 11, 2020
- Applicant was required by their employer to provide in-person services outside of the applicant’s home and was in contact with customers, patients, or the general public for at least 200 hours between March 22, 2020 and May 14, 2020.
Eligible Job Categories:
- Nurses, assistants, aides, medical residents, pharmacy staff, phlebotomists, respiratory therapists, and workers providing direct patient care in in-patient and out-patient dialysis facilities;
- Housekeeping, laundry services, food services and waste management personnel in hospitals and healthcare facilities;
- Long-term care facility personnel, out-patient care workers, home healthcare workers, personal assistance providers, home health providers, home-delivered meal providers, and childcare service providers;
- Emergency medical services (EMS) personnel, fire and rescue personnel, law enforcement personnel, and public health epidemiologists;
- Bus drivers; retail fuel service personnel; sanitation personnel; residential, commercial and industrial solid waste and hazardous waste removal personnel; storage and disposal personnel;
- Grocery store, convenience store, and food assistance program personnel;
- Mortuary service providers;
- Veterinary service staff
Independent contractors, self-employed individuals, and gig workers may be eligible for rebates if all of the same eligibility requirements are met. In the Employer Information section of the application, these types of workers must list their client, service recipient, or other type of payee, the address where the work was performed, and a description of services provided.
The worker must also attach an explanation of how their services were substantially dedicated to responding to or mitigating the COVID-19 public health emergency.
Apply at http://frontlineworkers.la.gov/