Seminars designed to connect local businesses to non-profits that offer help
The City of New Orleans earlier this week announced the Office of Economic Development will host a series of virtual business information sessions to help connect local entrepreneurs and business owners to nonprofit that offers free or low-cost business assistance.
Below is a list of virtual business information sessions with the following nonprofits:
Monday, Feb. 7, 2022 (1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.)
- Go.Be. (Formerly Good Work Network)
- Go.Be. is focused on enhancing the community through skills development, contracts and capital to grow, and networks to scale as businesses go beyond survival to success.
- Urban League of Louisiana Women’s Business Resource Center
- The Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation is the Urban League of Louisiana’s statewide entrepreneurial development organization. Their mission is to provide impactful support to women and minority entrepreneurs that wish to create and grow scalable, profitable and sustainable business ventures.
Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2022 (1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.)
- Louisiana Small Business Development Center (LSBDC)
- The LSBDC consultants work one-on-one with some of Louisiana’s well known brands and growing companies throughout the state. Their talent, combined with LSBDC’s resources, produces results.
- SCORE is a respected association of volunteer business executives providing FREE or low-cost confidential, professional business advice, workshops and mentors to entrepreneurs and business owners.
Friday, Feb. 11, 2022 (1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.)
- The Idea Village
- The Idea Village is founded on the principle of supporting regional startups and the big thinkers that power them. They will support your passion for building innovative businesses because they believe your big idea will bring about an exceptional future for New Orleans.
- Propeller grows and supports entrepreneurs to tackle social and environmental disparities. Propeller’s vision is an inclusive and thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem in New Orleans that responds to community needs and creates the conditions for an equitable future.
Residents, local entrepreneurs and business owners can register to attend on the Office of Economic Development Business Information Sessions page by visiting www.nola.gov/economic-development.
For additional information, contact Margrett Magee, Business Services Manager for the Office of Economic Development, via email at email@example.com or by phone at (504) 658-4237.